Friday, December 25, 2015

#ASaviorisBorn - December 25

Merry Christmas! Thanks for sticking with these posts for this whole week! I really am glad.

My posts all week have had something to do with Christmas, namely the religious aspect of it (which in my mind is the only aspect of Christmas we should have). Today, on Christmas Day, I've decided to tie it all together. I already told the story of Christ's birth yesterday, but that's not the most important thing Christ did.

Sure, being born is totally necessary to do anything, but I want to talk about the thing that set Christ apart for all other mortal men. The life he lived.

The whole idea of Christmas is to celebrate to birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ. The incredible gift that was given to us two thousand years ago, was from Heavenly Father to all of us.

As Jesus grew up, he was very aware of his mission on earth. When he was twelve years old, he was in the temple, teaching and talking with very intelligent men. When Mary and Joseph found him, he said to them, "How is it that ye sought me? Wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?" (Luke 2:49).

We know that Christ lived a life perfectly. He was completely without sin, and was therefore able to perform his Atonement for all of us. The sacrifice that allowed all of us to repent of our sins and overcome death. The only means by which we would be able to return to our Father in Heaven.

Had he not been born, he would not have lived that sinless life. Had he not been born, he would not have suffered in the Garden of Gethsemane. Had he not been born, he would not have risen again on the third day, and we would all be trapped in our sins.

As this Christmas day closes, consider for a moment the Atonement. Read about it, ponder it, use it. Look to the Light of the world, and remember what he did.

I know that Christ suffered for our sins. Such a gift could never be matched by anyone. He lives today, and he will come again to reign.

Thanks for listening to my thoughts.

-Nathaniel

No comments:

Post a Comment