Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Garbage Fun!!

Wow! Look at this! I actually made it to post #2! I don't think you people understand how great an accomplishment this is for me. I usually start things and don't finish them for months or even years! (I'm looking at you Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire).

Well, I don't really have much for today except...Garbage Day's tomorrow!

Okay, okay, okay, that's not a thing. But's it's gonna be. I'm gonna start this thing. It's always been a dream of mine to start a thing.

I don't really see a thing called Garbage Day catching on, but hear me out. So here, where I live, garbage day is every Thursday, which is tomorrow. Um...I'll be right back...

Now, there a kind a Garbage Day we should all have. Not a physical garbage day necessarily, but also a mental, spiritual, behavioral, etc. garbage day. See where I'm going with this?

I propose (like an RM two weeks back) that once a week, we should pick something negative in our lives, and throw it out. It could be judging others, it could be your weird obsession with peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, it could even be your Uncle Frank. Cause let's face it, Frank is such a deadbeat.

"But Sir Nathaniel," I hear you say, because I hear everything you say. "I'm perfect in every way and I have no flaws because I'm perfect. What can I throw out?"

Now first of all, thank you for using my proper title. Secondly, you could begin with throwing out that bullcrap. As pre-crazy Miley Cyrus once said, "Nobody's Perfect".

I'm far from it. So I'm going to begin Garbage Day by throwing out this old bowl of cereal! It's really getting gross. Almost as gross as your Uncle Frank.


"But sir!" I can still hear you say because I have been listening very closely. "You need something real to give up! If this thing is gonna be a thing, you have to start the thing by thinging a thing!"

Well, maybe I need time to think of this. I'm under a lot of pressure, okay?

But won't this thing be the thingiest thing of all the things? It's like New Year's! And Lent! Every week!

Speaking of Lent, I 'Lent' your Uncle Frank twenty bucks once. Guess who still needs twenty bucks?

I don't really feel confident that this thing will ever be a thing.

"But sir!" You whine as you do whenever things don't go your way on the Bachelor. That's right, I know. "If you're going to start a thing, you have to be committed to it! Everything requires dedication, and starting a thing requires dedication!"

And my answer? Oh my gosh, will you just stop arguing with me? Let's get real here. This thing is called "Garbage Day". Can you really imagine that as a trending topic? Something the kids chat about under the slide? Do kids still do that? Maybe if it were a cooler name, than yeah, I'd be more dedicated. But the main reason for this is 1) To fill a whole post about something because I'm consistent, 2) Because I can't think of anything better, and 3) Because how else are we gonna get your Uncle Frank?

But whatever. That's just a thought.

Good night and get out Frank.

-Nathaniel


1 comment:

  1. BTW, we're giving your room to Uncle Frank. You can move into the hoarde, or share a room with Michael. Your choice.

    ReplyDelete